Hi, pre-ordered the plateform-template it seems promising! Not my intention to rush you, but do you have any idea about the ETA? Thanks! :D
Pigdev's Platform Template
A downloadable asset pack
A complete platform template project to ease the development of platform games in Godot Engine.
- Editable files! You only find them within this pack!
- .svg to customize and even create new characters using vector art
- .mmpz to tweak the sound effects in the source using the same instruments I used in LMMS
- Premium Wiki-like Tutorial!
- This helps you understand what each feature shall be used! It's like a mini documentation, but not only for code, HOW AWESOME IS THAT?
- Tips&Tricks Cookbook with recipes to easily achieve what you want
- Platformer Character Scene that can be inherited to create players, enemies, bosses and all sorts of in game characters
- IDLE, WALK, JUMP, DASH and WALL Finite State Machine
- Super Mario World stomp for player character
- Easy to design movement with editor-exposed relevant parameter (Walk Speed, Max Jumps, Jump Height)
- Custom signal to communicate states transitions (e.g. from WALK to JUMP) that you can use to play animations!
- Cutout Animation Characters that can be easily combined with the Platformer Character Scene to give life to the character
- All with animations that can be used for each character action
- Dialogue System that you can easily use to give life for your NPCs
- Template Tileset that works for any scale (so you don't have to tweak the collisions)
- And more!
|Authors||Pigdev, Henrique Campos|
|Made with||Godot, GIMP, Inkscape, Audacity, LMMS|
|Tags||GitHub, godot-engine, infinite-runner, Physics, template|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||Days or more|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick, Playstation controller|
|Links||Patreon, Source code, Support|
This asset pack is currently unavailable
- Future of the Project74 days ago
- Ladders and Static PlatformsSep 17, 2018
- Tutorial - Pass ThroughSep 13, 2018
- Actor Revamp & Minor FeaturesAug 28, 2018
- Lots of fixes & Actor ready to testJun 15, 2018
- Demo levels!May 31, 2018
- Let there be plugins!May 21, 2018
- Are walls just vertical floors?May 17, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hey! Thanks for the support!
Unfortunately there is no ETA by now. The project is slowly growing both in features and solidity. It currently depends on the Godot 3.1 release due to changes in the KinematicBody2D that will demand changes in the base structure of the project.
But I'm always updating everyone with the current state sending early access versions through emails. In the last update it was already able to do small platform projects. May I invite you to our discord channel, so I can send you the latest early version?
Okay, thanks for your answer and your invitation. I currently have too little time besides work so maybe I'll come to the discord channel on sunday. :D Anyway thanks again for your hard work!
Does this support slopes?
Can you show a demo with slopes?
0.6.1 - Fixed Platform Actor bouncing when coming from a slope to a floor
Edit: Seems it does support slopes. Cool!
Edit: Bought it. Hope it will be cool.
Hey thanks so much for the support,
I'll also wait a little until the new KinematicBody2D, currently in Master on GitHub, becom stable to fix some character movement.
Meanwhile I'll work on other features, specially for level design (ice floor, etc...).
Hopefully the current version(actually on alpha) helps you achieve your goals already! <3
Just what I've been looking for!